Thursday, June 26, 2008

I remembered to put a title this week!

Disclaimer: I'm not 100% sold on this idea and fully intend to change my research topic (as I've been doing every week until now), but here's what I've got:

Research Question: What effect do students’ perceptions of the teacher-student relationship have on underprivileged high school students’ motivation and achievement in the classroom? I'm interested in this because I would like to work in a high school with students from lower SES families. I want to know how much significance they place on their relationships with their teachers and how that affects their motivation and achievement in school.

Methodology: The study would be qualitative and consist of individual student interviews using a pre-determined set of questions. I would also sit in on classes and observe the teacher-student interactions.

Enjoy the week off everyone!

No comments: