Friday, June 27, 2008

Blog Entry 4

I’d never done a blog for a class before and initially I was skeptical about the project. Having done it I think it has worked quite well for me and I have benefitted from the suggestions. I also hope some of my ideas were of use to others.

I think I am coming out of the course with a fairly good understanding of what my project is. There is no question that i’ve found the topic I want to write about. I will be writing about electronic primary sources because I really think I could use them to spark student interest and teach critical thinking skills in my own classes. The only question is whether or not my current ideas about the best procedures for gathering data make sense or not. I think I might be biting off more than I can chew by using four different methods to attack my problem. I might have to drop one but all seem very valuable so i’m not sure which one. I'm also still trying to figure out how focused the survey should be. I might have to make it fairly broad to make sure that I have the ability to fallback on another part of the question of mine doesn't seem to be panning out.

No comments: