Monday, June 23, 2008

The Grand Finale...Numero Quatro

So here I go summing up the past four weeks of brain storming....how crazy is that guys? Man, we are almost complete with summer session one, what an accomplishment! Yeah us!! Okay, to my topic.
Research Question: Does the use of non-canonical/multicultural literature impact student motivation?
Methodology:
Clearly I will be using the classrooms that we have available to us in the fall. I will use a combination of observation and survey to analyze student levels of motivation. I am hoping that I can find classes in the fall where teacher curriculum is different. I am not sure how easy this will be because if the curriculum in North Carolina is fairly standard that it may be tough to do my research. We will see I guess. In terms of observation, I will hope to locate certain observational behaviors that measure motivation (head on desk, participation in discussion, questions asked by students, etc). The survey will really just ask the students what their favorite books they read in school and why they liked them. I also hope to ask what books did they dislike the most and why. Perhaps an additional question would be, if you could add one book to read in school what would it be?
That's what I got so far. I guess this is the end for now blog. (tear)...

No comments: